Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to how to best go about selling them off, and was wanting suggestions and opinions from all the wonderful folks around here. I wasn't sure if this should go in the "For Sale" section, because this isn't exactly what this post is about (although I'm not opposed to selling them through here).

I first got one of the tenor pieces through a friend of mine who's grandfather passed away. She gave me the first piece, and then later found an assorted bag of them. I'm fairly sure it's a Wagner from matching it to other pics on the net. I have pictures posted in this thread: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?151630-Can-anyone-help-me-ID-this-mouthpiece

I don't mind having extra mpc's in my drawer, but I'd rather have someone play them than let them sit. Right now, I have 2 tenor piece (the 6 that I first got and started playing on, and then a 7 that sounds a bit brighter), and 7 alto pieces ranging from a 5 to 8. I have not measured the tip opening (and am unsure about the best way to go about doing that, honestly). There was one ligature with all of them in the bag, and it only fits the tenor pieces. I've tried my Dukoff lig and it only fits the tenors, also. I can't find anything that will fit, so I'm not sure that I feel great about selling them to someone without a lig that will fit. I know that there are a few articles about the string ligs, but I don't know what to tell people about the lig situation.

I guess what I'm asking is, what should I go about doing to start the whole process, and how do I find out what they are even worth? I have not been able to find much information on them thus far.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Those are good mouthpieces. My sax teacher had a rubber Wagner one for a long time he used on Alto, and then it got broken.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
Wagners can be good, but their quality and dimensions seem to vary from piece to piece, at least that's my experience. They also don't seem to be big sellers on the vintage market. Maybe try selling them in bulk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts