Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all,

Snarky Puppy is back from tour, and man, it was a blast. We played some very nice venues for beautiful crowds and had a great time growing together and making music.

If you're curious what an 8-piece instrumental jazz/funk/world fusion band sounds like after almost a month in a smelly van together playing night after night, you could find out this Thursday if you're in the neighborhood of lower Greenville ave in Dallas. We're opening for Ivan and Ian Neville's Dumpstaphunk (yes, two of the Neville Brothers... but not Aaron :) ), which is a super funky New Orleans-based band that's building a pretty huge name on the funk and jam band circuits, at the Granada Theater. Should be a pretty cool show, I've never heard Dumpstaphunk live but they sound great on record.

Once again, if you're in the DFW area and you want to get your lower torso shaking, come out to the Granada and check out the bands! I'll be the blond-ish guy playing soprano, alto, and tenor, so come say hi, I'll definitely be out in the crowd checking out the Nevilles after our set. Hope to see some of you out there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you are anywhere near Dallas on Thursday you should check out this show. We have had the pleasure of playing gigs with both of these bands and they both are great.

Sorry I can't make it guys. We'll be on our way to Colorado for a couple of gigs. Enjoy yourselves.

·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the support Greg.

I'm way looking forward to playing with Dumpstaphunk. That's going to be some greasy, dirty, awesome New Orleans soul.

I forgot to mention, the evening will be catered by Dodie's, a killing seafood joint on Greenville right near the Granada. I'm thinking shrimp gumbo and crawfish etufee. Mmmmmmm. And maybe a beer or six. This is going to be fun.

·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested....

....here are some video clips from our show Thursday that the awesome people at the Granada put up on Youtube. If you missed the show, feel free to peruse the videos!

Native Sons

Intelligent Design

I did indeed post an older version of Intelligent Design a while back, for any of you who checked it out. This one might not sound all that different, but the band feels so different now from how it did then that it almost feels like a new tune.

Both of these tunes were written by bassist/bandleader/superhero Michael League, by the way. Keep an eye out for that guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts