Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SOTW people,

My band Snarky Puppy is opening for Mingo Fishtrap, one of the most happening funk bands in the country, at the Granada Theater in Dallas tomorrow. If you're in the area please, PLEASE check it out, if not for SP, for Mingo! They're a ridiculous band. Shortwhite, funky bari monster beast, posts on here from time to time, but he's so humble that he probably won't accurately describe how wickedly badass his band is, so that's what I'm here for. Texas funk lovers come on out! Tix @ the Granada website.

We're all stoked about it!

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Definitely get funkified!

I met Shortwhite and pnutbutta (how does he spell that?) last year in Atlantic City, along with LoveTheBlues Great band, Great music, Great guys.

·
Registered
744 Posts
HW77,

I logged on to post about Friday's show but you beat me to it. Good work.

We're excited about the show too! Always great to share the stage with a band that kicks butt. Snarky Puppy certainly fits that description. There' will be lots of great music and more horns than should really be allowed in one building at the same time. Of the 17 musicians performing tomorrow nite, 15 are current or former students at North Texas. This could be scary good.

This will be our 1st show after being gone to Norway for 4 shows. Norway was absolutely wonderful but it's always great to get back and play for a home crowd. Next week we'll be headed out to KS, CO, OR, WA, and CA. Any SOTW members in the area come on out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts