Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so ridiculously stoked for these gigs that I can hardly contain myself.

Tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday constitute a three-night stint of my band Snarky Puppy opening for the one and only Rudder, a group that is off the chain, the hook, AND the charts. Chris Cheek (Dave Douglas, Bill Frisell, Paul Motian) is playing tenor, Tim Lefebvre (SNL, Wayne Krantz, movies, lots of other stuff) is on bass, Henry Hay (Tain, Jill Scott, Rod Stewart) is playing keys, and the legendary Keith Carlock (Sting, Steely Dan, Wayne Krantz, etc) is playing drums.

Tonight (sorry about the lack of notice) we're playing at 10:00pm at Gezellig in Dallas on lower Greenville.

Tomorrow we're playing around 9:30 at Hailey's in Denton, and face-melting rockers Oso Closo are playing as well.

Saturday we're playing at the Parish in Austin with the one and only Mingo Fishtrap closing the night.

Again, Snarky Puppy and Rudder are playing all three dates. This is going to be ridiculously fun. As an added bonus I think Bobby Sparks will be joining us on keys for some, if not all, of the fun. If you're in the DFdub area and want to get your socks rocked, come on out!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts