Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, the drummer in my band, Snarky Puppy, just put some videos up on Youtube from our concert last Monday at the Granada Theater in Dallas. There were some pretty cool moments, it's a great venue and our crowd was phenomenal, thanks almost entirely to Victor Wooten. Check these out if you're interested!

·
Super Moderator
26,465 Posts
Smokin' band. You guys are so young and full of energy.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's great stuff Brian - although I couldn't get native sons to play all the way through. I particularly liked the way you fused newer sounds like drum'n'bass into the mix.

A couple of things -

I thought your soprano sounded pretty thin - maybe it was a soundmix issue. Are you usung a metal piece?

Is that a Nord Electro or Stage your keyboardist was using? Just curious.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Doc,

The mic situation was rough, as usual, for soprano because I only had one mic. It was set up for the alto, and I don't think the sound guys there had much experience dealing with the alto/sop switch. So yeah, the sound there didn't turn out like I'd like it to. I'm using a Bari rubber 68, by the way, and blue box vandorens. I'm usually pretty happy with my sop sound, the constant desire for tone improvement notwithstanding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.