Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be classed as being absolutely out of my mind for swapping a silverplated gold medal 1 tenor 17*** with rth - for a conn (new) wonder bari no rth.

The sml is in good playable condition possibly replated , at least very vague engraving around the logo. The conn i've been informed is in top condition playwise and mechanically, not cosmetically, claimed to be a new wonder but with no rth i would think it is actually a wonder.

I already have a newly overhauled silverplated King Marigaux 21*** that i love ...-but i'm starting to like the goldmedal more and more....-but then again it would be fun with a bari as well....-AAArghhhh...the dilemma.

anyways ...-for value ...-would the conn be worth much less than the goldmedal??

please help me out of this ridiculous luxuryproblem...

thanks
John

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,316 Posts
A conn New Wonder bari should have RTH. If it doesn't, something horrible has happened and you shouldn't go near it.

If it is an early Wonder bari with soldered toneholes, then yes, you would probably be out of your mind to make that trade!

So either way, my vote is don't go for it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,240 Posts
The early N/W c mel's and bari's didn't have RTH's at the start of production but tenor's and alto's did , dont swap for an around 1917 bari as youwill be sorry and have a large dented wallet
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts