Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a yamaha yas 21 alto the other day and found a SML alto mouthpiece in the case.. i think its a pretty old mothpiece it has a strange looking ligature. and says R5 on the side. looks sorta like a selmer rubber piece.. any idea if its worth anything?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
1,020 Posts
put it on ebay, you'll know!
seriously... probably a Riffault piece (hence the R)... with round throat right? some people like them for classical... or to pair with their SMLs!

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Do not put it on Ebay! Everything that is sold on there sells terribly underpriced, which is why I shop there :)

Post some pictures on here, advertising it for sale, and I promise you someone will buy it, but do your research first!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your SML is indeed made by Riffault and is a good mouthpiece. I have an old R3 and it is just great. Some of the later Riffaults have straight walls and a smaller chamber and do not play with the same fat tone.

If i plays well, keep it or have it worked on. Theo Wanne has done good work on these. Someone else will have to step in since Theo no longer takes refacing work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts