Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty basic I suppose, but I've come across a slurred phrase in allegro 16th notes that goes F# D# F# D. What's the fingering for the first 3 notes? I've been trying different fingerings but nothing seems to be the correct method. I seem to have come up with a mental block. Simply forgot the fingering. Dumb but that happens to old guys I guess:cry:

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
I assume this is for F#2 to D#2 and so on. If that is the case, there are no tricks that I am aware of. You just finger F# with the regular fingering (middle on the bottom) and then practice to coordinate the other 2 or 3 fingers to move together. I would suggest first practicing the F# to D# as a trill back and forth, starting slowly and then adding speed as you go along. Once the finger coordination is established for this, the F# to D should be a piece of cake.

If it is about F#3 to D#3, forget the above and good luck, you're going to need it with that passage. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.