Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
29,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has happened to make SOTW slow responding? It's been unusually slow for the past two days. Can it be sped up?

[All other sites are normal.]

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
It's fine for me, but I too periodically experience pages being slow, slow, slow to load and yes, when that happens, all other sites I go on load normally. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Seems slow today for me, unusually so.

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,100 Posts
What has happened to make SOTW slow responding? It's been unusually slow for the past two days. Can it be sped up?

[All other sites are normal.]
Suggest you always mention @VSadmin for these threads, as they are the only people who can actually solve this stuff.

It has been very slow for me for several days, especially on iOS. On safari Mac I get a lot of page hangs, spining beachballs etc.

NB: always worth mentioning you're location, system and browser, but don't hold your breath - we have had issues for quite a while. I suspect it is an overloaded server along with outdated software.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Yeah, the site was hanging for me last night for about an hour. Took up to two minutes to load a single page, when it worked at all. That's using Safari 10.12.6 with Mac Sierra.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2016
14,743 Posts
I've noticed it gets slower during the evening, and it's frozen twice in the last month. I've checked my Broadband Speed and that was fine, it's just on this site. I'm on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

·
Registered
731 Posts
... don't hold your breath - we have had issues for quite a while. I suspect it is an overloaded server along with outdated software.
Naive question, why don't we update the software? Isn't this forum running something quite outdated (also a security risk)?

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,628 Posts
Yeah, it's slowed to a crawl this evening. Especially when posting replies.

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,462 Posts
Really slow here too. Using Microsoft Edge. It timed out so I reloaded the browser. It took another 15 - 20 seconds to load.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
29,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Suggest you always mention @VSadmin for these threads, as they are the only people who can actually solve this stuff.

It has been very slow for me for several days, especially on iOS. On safari Mac I get a lot of page hangs, spining beachballs etc.

NB: always worth mentioning you're location, system and browser, but don't hold your breath - we have had issues for quite a while. I suspect it is an overloaded server along with outdated software.
Thanks.

FYI, am using Microsoft Edge. [Hate it, still can't navigate worth a crap after a couple of years.]

@VSadmin

·
Administrator
1,519 Posts
Hello all,

We have pinpointed the issue to the slowness.
Once the patch is done, the techs will deploy the fix.
I do not have an ETA on this, but once I get an update, we'll give you a heads up here.

Ed

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know if I am just imagining it. But I feel like it's been a little better today. This weekend was painfully slow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,672 Posts
I should’ve looked here first. I cleaned out two computers before I realized it was just this site. Slow is one thing but complete seizure and having the shut down is another. Had all the symptoms of being hacked. Although I’ve never had that problem on a Mac. Don’t plan on it either.

·
Administrator
1,519 Posts
Hello there,

The techs are aware of this.
Once they complete the patch, they will deploy the fix.
I do not have an ETA on this, but once I get an update, we'll give you a heads up here.

Ed

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,483 Posts
Well, this is interesting and perhaps compounds my issue. My laptop has experienced periods of slowness on the site but I've chalked it up to the latest Windows and Firefox updates. Several of my applications seem to be affected. Several of the Firefox tabs just seem to inexplicably hang or freeze. System process Superfetch seems to be spinning my hard disk excessively as well but I'll pay better attention to the Forum's response once the patch is deployed...

Windows 10 latest version
Firefox 65.0.2 64-bit

1 - 20 of 28 Posts