Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Em-bee ideas sells the type of music stands that I want at a reasonable price (I used their product for 10 years in Canada) but they send them by expensive UPS air freight costing $330 freight for five stands. I hope to find another supplier who will send them by affordable surface mail to Brisbane Australia. Please make my day.

Ray Morris in Brisbane Australia.
[email protected]

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
Wouldn't it just be wiser to buy something locally? There are many types of workable stands and though a good stand is important not a thing to waste a ton of money on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody makes the big-band fronts in Australia. Brisbane signmakers wanted too much money for setting up their laser cutter. Our quartet members are all aged over 70 years and our audiences will be aged 60 and over. I actually constructed five music stands from fluteboard some years ago but they were too rough for use at gigs.

I want our new quartet to look old-fashioned like the bands of the pre-guitar era. Our senior-citizen audiences were accustomed to seeing bands with custom-made music stands back in their youth. For this venture I favour fluteboard "fronts" for five other reasons:
1. They look professional (as opposed to giving the appearance of a group of musicians assembled for a one-off gig)
2. They provide space for prominently displaying the name of the band along with mention of the sponsors
3. Four or five stands in a single carrying case can easily be carried by a 78-year-old man
4. The set of stands only half fills the trunk of a small car
5. The fixed height stands enforce a uniform low height, eliminating all arguments over the height of stands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts