Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my first experience with having a mouthpiece refaced. I came across this Reface video on YouTube, and although my D'Addario Select Jazz mouthpiece played perfectly, I decided to send it to Stephan at SK Mouthpieces and give it a try. I honestly can't believe how well the piece plays!! It is the most effortless mouthpiece I have ever played out of dozens over the last 30 years or so!! What is even more impressive is how Stephan improved a mouthpiece that had already played fine. I really liked the D'Addario Select Jazz right from the start and there were no major issues requiring a reface. Stephan's claim that the reface would allow low notes and altissimo to pop easier was immediately apparent as soon as I played it! The entire range of the horn is even and effortless to play and I feel like there is even a little more projection!

Like many players I always preferred to buy a new mouthpiece instead of refacing a current one. I highly recommend checking out SK Mouthpieces! I'm already planning on sending him a few more pieces to reface!

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts