Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a shout out to Stephan Kammerer of SK Mouthpieces!

There's not a lot posted on here about this company but I highly suggest checking them out. Stephan is a master refacer as well as a mouthpiece maker. I've seen posts about his DM Origin tenor pieces and few refaced pieces for sale in the market place. I actually discovered him through Instagram. I've played and gone through several alto pieces (Meyer, V16, Klum, Drakes, DAddario, and several others) over the years and I was on the search for something new. I discovered the SK Modus as it was being put through tests and production. Stephan would post playing clips of new molds and modifications he did to the Modus so you could really hear the changes as it took shape. I waited until his first batch was sold and got feedback from some of the buyers through video clips and such. I was sold!! I purchased on just before the price increase (which I would gladly pay) and couldn't be happier with the Sk Modus.

If you are looking for a piece with excellent tone, evenness, projection, intonation, response, and is very versatile. Check them out! These are like no other Alto piece I've played!

http://www.skmouthpieces.com

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
My favorite modern alto piece. I've been using it in a variety of settings and on both Selmers and old Conns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to Stephan Kammerer of SK Mouthpieces!

There's not a lot posted on here about this company but I highly suggest checking them out. Stephan is a master refacer as well as a mouthpiece maker. I've seen posts about his DM Origin tenor pieces and few refaced pieces for sale in the market place. I actually discovered him through Instagram. I've played and gone through several alto pieces (Meyer, V16, Klum, Drakes, DAddario, and several others) over the years and I was on the search for something new. I discovered the SK Modus as it was being put through tests and production. Stephan would post playing clips of new molds and modifications he did to the Modus so you could really hear the changes as it took shape. I waited until his first batch was sold and got feedback from some of the buyers through video clips and such. I was sold!! I purchased on just before the price increase (which I would gladly pay) and couldn't be happier with the Sk Modus.

If you are looking for a piece with excellent tone, evenness, projection, intonation, response, and is very versatile. Check them out! These are like no other Alto piece I've played!

http://www.skmouthpieces.com
Hey, thanks so much for the mention!! I really appreciate is. I'm glad to hear that you like it!

Best
Stephan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts