Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on your experience with these horns, are the 6 tones produced here good representations of the tonal characteristics of the 6 different horns?

Caution: I believe videos 1, 3, and 4 use a Florida Link and videos 2, 5, and 6 use a Selmer Air Flow. Nevertheless, please comment on the horns. The playing starts about 2 minutes into each video.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't it kind of a moot point to compare these horns if he's using completely different mouthpieces on half of them?
Of course it is. I just used the word "shootout" to get peoples' attention. I'm just seeking an answer to the question I initially posed: Based on your experience with these horns, are the 6 tones produced here good representations of the tonal characteristics of the 6 different horns?

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm surprised you didn't mention the tenor Reference 54. I find this to be the best modern Selmer, at least the ones I have tried. They're rather similar to my Barone though... sounds like you should just get a Barone ;)
Thanks for your comments. I just picked those clips because the same guy was playing in each of them. Here's the Ref 54:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.