Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who might be in the area, the Detroit Symphony will be performing Vaughan Williams' 9th symphony this weekend (3 saxes), Sir Andrew Davis conducting.

Don Sinta, alto
Russ Mallory, alto
me, tenor

Concerts are:

Thursday, October 18 @ 8pm
Friday, October 19, @ 10:45am
Saturday, October 20 @ 8:30pm

Also, new music detroit will be performing at MOCAD on October 19th @ 8pm. I'll be doing a couple of pieces. Program is on the NMD website.

Erik

·
Registered
471 Posts
Awh I Wanna Go!! :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, but there's no way to make it from Memphis on such short notice. If anyone could post details of any future Sinta performances here, I'd be VERY appreciative. With a bit more notice, I'd be happy to make the 12 hour drive just to see him perform.

eronmark said:
For those of you who might be in the area, the Detroit Symphony will be performing Vaughan Williams' 9th symphony this weekend (3 saxes), Sir Andrew Davis conducting.

Don Sinta, alto

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I second the "Sinta-watch" program. I will fly to see him in masterclass/recital/concerto. Please let us know!

Angel

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sinta is doing a masterclass at Central Michigan sometime in March. The exact date is not set yet. Hopefully I'll be playing!

·
Registered
69 Posts
tracy285 said:
Sinta is doing a masterclass at Central Michigan sometime in March. The exact date is not set yet. Hopefully I'll be playing!
Excellent! Let us know when there is a date set... and thanks.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yes, please report as soon as you know the date/time. Plane and hotel will need to be booked.

Angel

·
Banned
90 Posts
Hi,

Sounds great, Im going to try to get t a tickert!

On question: When you say "Russ Mallory", do you mean Russ MALLARE??

Russ & his brother Jose Mallare, are excellent classical players & teachers who were students of Larry Teal, at U of Mich, in the 1960s. Their last name is spanish/mexican, Mallare, but is often misspelled as the english Mallory. (cuz thats the way they pronounce it?)

Just wondering...

eronmark said:

Don Sinta, alto
Russ Mallory, alto
me, tenor

Concerts are:

Thursday, October 18 @ 8pm
Friday, October 19, @ 10:45am
Saturday, October 20 @ 8:30pm

Also, new music detroit will be performing at MOCAD on October 19th @ 8pm. I'll be doing a couple of pieces. Program is on the NMD website.

Erik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts