Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, in this weeks lesson i use the pentatonic groups, in the blues and use these as approach notes!
In this way you can easily play with more jazzy sound only using the pentatonic scale over a blues.
Let me know what you think!

Check my website for the full transcription of the video, exercises, examples and text:
http://sorenballegaard.dk/blues-basics-4-pentatonics-and-approach-notes/

on youtube!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your comment, indeed meant for beginners, im making this series and then on to the chords of the blues, changes, substitutes etc.is going to be a great run :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your concept of melting together bluesscala and Chords is interesting and fresh to me, also with this little patterns. It sounds definitely bluesy from the very beginning. I will use it sometimes in my own teaching.
And your personal playing seems for me sligthly different to others, interesting also.
I just think, if you offer all your concepts, everybody can copy.
Anyway, I,m curious how its going on.

Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Swing Affair,
Please use the exercises in your own teaching, you can give them the videos to practise to if you want.
slightly different is perfect to me, :)
I hope that everybody will copy, no one is copying in the same way and we all sound different anyways no matter how much you copy, my final goal is taking all these copies i have made and really make it my own, thats the biggest challenge i think.
you are very welcome!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I liked the 7th chord patterns, congratulations!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much!
more coming soon, ill take the blues further than the pentatonic scale, videos are in the making!

sincerely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts