Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been desperatly looking all over Internet for a product, I hope somebody can help me here.

About 8 months ago a woodwind technician gave me a few feet of some ragging cloth impregnated with silver polish. Many many flutes later it is still working but is so torn up that I need to buy some more.

I finally found it at jlsmithco.com it is item 113007 and is called "tarnish ragging cloth". It is sold in 100 feet roll for 60$.

This amount is suitable for a repair shop and would last me a lifetime and more.

Does anybody know were I may buy the same in smaller (shorter) size?

Dominique

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,305 Posts
Many music stores carry polishing cloths. The ones I have are about 12in X 12in. These may not be large enough if you're doing a lot of polishing.
Please direguard if you have already checked this source.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
Not all polishing cloths are the same, and using the wrong one can hurt your finish or just not work the way you want. saxforte has the most informative product page I've seen for polishing clothes, although there may be better buys out there if you know what you want. It sounds like the Blitz Silver-plated Instrument Polishing Cloth might be just what you need. (BTW, that particular cloth would take the finish off of my Keilwerth.)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
WWBW sells some, but they don't have as much polish in them as they used to. You can always just put some additional Hagerty's silver polish on them before using.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts