Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have transcribed various solos over the years some of which I want to eventually post here (after being inspired by others). In their present state they are hard to read and have rhythmic, or notation mistakes, they generally look like a pharmacist copied them.

The only thing I need notation software for is transcriptions, nothing else....bare bones. A playback option would also be nice.

What version will fill these needs and won't break the bank.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
If that's all you need, transcription and some playback, then check out MuseScore. Barebones, good quality printed transcriptions, and playback. Best of all, it will NOT break the bank since it is free! Give it a look-see and see what you think.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's all you need, transcription and some playback, then check out MuseScore. Barebones, good quality printed transcriptions, and playback. Best of all, it will NOT break the bank since it is free! Give it a look-see and see what you think.
I will Check this out as soon as I have a little time. Thank You.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
I was using Notepad when I did a transcription that required a key and time change in the middle of it. The $10 Notepad could not handle that. MuseScore does! And, the playblack isn't too bad. Can definitely tell the difference between a tenor sax and trumpet when you have scored both axes in the transcription. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts