Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I enter some cord symbols in sibelius and starts playback I can not hear the cords. Do I have to put the notes for each cord in the staff if I want to hear the cords together with the melodi notes. I have sibelius 4 and the program i new for me but I know that finale can do it.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,205 Posts
Yes, you can make Sibelius 'realize' the chords', then they will play.

·
Registered
267 Posts
To make the chords play in Sibelius:

After you have all of your chord symbols in, go to the top menu line where: File, Edit, View, etc. are located. Go over to and click on> Plug-ins and pull down that menu. Click on Composing Tools>Realize Chord symbols. Sibelius will ask you if you want it to apply to the whole score – click Yes. Sibelius will then ask you what instrument you want the chord symbols (soon to be notes) in. Click Piano. There are some other questions there that you may or may not want answer. If you do not want to answer them, just use the default selection and click O.K.

(Note: If you only have a number of measures highlighted in blue (Sibelius can them bars) it will only transform the measures you have a blue box around. May sure that you don't have any blue boxes around any measures)

Sibelius will then create a Piano part with notes using your chord symbols.

The program says you cannot undo the operation. But if you go to: Layout>Instruments and Staves, and delete the piano part that Sibelius created when it realized the chord symbols into notes, it will bring you back to where you began before you realized the chords. Should that be necessary.

Every time you realize chords, it creates a piano part. So, it’s better to do the whole score at once.

Hope this helps.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,205 Posts
tenorman canada said:
i don't think this option is on Sib 2, is it?
No, this came in on 3, I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts