Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How accurate is Photoscore at scanning sheet music and creating a Sibelius score? Has it improved over the way it was six or seven years ago? Does it take a lot of trial and error with scanner settings in order to produce accurate results?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In March 2012 I tried using Photoscore 7 Lite and was happy with the results. In April 2012 I purchased Photoscore 7 Ultimate and I became even happier. Using a Canon LIDE 210 scanner under Windows 7-64 I get excellent scanning results from clean originals and I even got 100% error-free with one chart. Usually I have to do a few fixes but it is so much faster than inputting the entire chart from the keyboard. Most of the errors are in the text and not in the actual notes. After installing Photoscore 7 Ultimate from the CD, it refused to accept PDF input, saying "The evaluation version of the product has expired." However after I unistalled the program and downloaded and installed Photoscore 7 Ultimate 5.0.2 the PDF problem went away. Photoscore 7 Ultimate is a good product.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi I have just purchased Photoscore 7 Ultimate but am not getting very good results the printed music scans are are not a 100% more like 75 and as for handwritten very poor results I have tried all the different configerations there are and have used two to different makes of scanner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts