Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to create a breath mark in Sibelius? I found a blog about creating one from a line, and I created one but now it doesn't show up as one of the line options. It confounds me that Sibelius has symbols for things like slide whistles and Crotales (whatever those are) but not an obvious way to create breath marks! :banghead:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think you have to open the symbol gallery. I think that is Z. If something is selected in the score, when you click the breath mark thing it should insert it. Sorry it has been a while since I've used Sibelius.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- and I also found the one I made, but it put it in articulations for some reason instead of lines. I've used Sibelius forever, I should try Finale or something. I just don't want to deal with the learning curve.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I'm having trouble with getting lyrics to line up evenly in a row on a vocal thing. I was never picky with stuff for personal use but now I'm taking a composition class and she wants it to look professional. I tried the Appearance-Line in a row thingy but it just makes it worse! Ugh!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,324 Posts
Highlight the first note, then Create - Text - Lyrics is your starting point. There is a trick with lyrics. You have to use hyphens and the space bar to keep the words aligned with the notes. If a multi-syllable word spans multiple notes, the hyphens are essential. Use the space bar to advance over ties to the next note. Vertical alignment should be automatic. It's still a bit of a pain until you get the hang of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts