Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few times I have had to simply publish a link to a picture that I wanted to publish as I often do.

No idea why but sometimes if I copy and past the link to a picture in a post it simply doesn’t do it like here (couldn’t publish the picture)

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...king-super-20-alto-neck&p=3817914#post3817914

It’s erratic, must depend on the address (an issue similar to http and https?) but it is extremely annoying. Publishing pictures to illustrate a post in an essential thing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Let’s see. I’ll use the “insert image from URL” and toggle off (deselect) retrieve remote file.

Yeah, that didn’t work. I went to the host site, and inserted the ULR of the image into the SotW insert image function. :cry:

Let’s try an image of my Borgani OBT from my PhotoBucket account:

All I can say is that sometimes it works. Arggghhh.

·
32,949 Posts
George, did the keys go back in the right places? ;-)

J.
Oh very yes - no extra parts! This has become my #1 tenor. It has all the presence of my big bell Borgani Jubilee, but seems a lil’ more agile in response. Love dem Borganis!

·
32,949 Posts
FWIW, I imported Milandro’s image into PhotoBucket, then inserted the link here:

And that seems to work!

Cool image, Andre. Thanks for sharing that. I updated your original post regarding the necks.

Cheers!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Is it a limitation of the software, or can we not just post pictures here like we would do from our phone onto Facebook? It's a pretty archaic system, considering how easy it is everywhere else nowadays.

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Oh very yes - no extra parts! This has become my #1 tenor. It has all the presence of my big bell Borgani Jubilee, but seems a lil’ more agile in response. Love dem Borganis!
I've never played/tried a Borgani. Heard good things about them, but to be honest, I'm maxed out saxophone-wise (well, according to the wife anyways). ;-)

·
Administrator
1,529 Posts
Images with HTTP URL's are blocked by browsers due to not having a security certificate. If you want to post images on the forums from a hosting site, they need to be HTTPS.

As for FB images, when you click an image it gives you a page, not the actual image. The URL needs to have a file extension (.jpg, .png, ect). Pulling images from Facebook doesnt normally give you the file extension at the end, therefor cannot be shared here or any other site.

Download the image to your device and upload straight to the site.

- JB

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Publishing from our device has many limitations in size. Look it it, perhaps we are more foamiliar with It than you are, since we’ve been using this for many years.

Hosting to an external hosting site is a PITA because you need to download on your computer then upload on the site (if you subscribe somewhere that is) THEN you can link .

We, longstading members, have used this feature without any problem for years now to illustrate our discussion THIS is a VERY serious limitation

·
Administrator
1,529 Posts
Hi there,

So I looked into the backend and the max width and length for images are 800x800.
File sizing also seems to be quite low as well.
We can get this bumped up if the community agrees to this.

Ed

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure that the community would not have any problem , still this makes the forum heavier for no real purpose.

It’s not that these files are “ unsafe” just because they come from old sites which nobody is ever going to update from Http to HttpS?

They have been good for years and years....

the most ridiculous thing is of course that you take the same picture download it on the device then upload it on a hosting site or directly to the forum and they are THEN kosher?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,263 Posts
Cannonball Adderley Way is a pretty depressing place - though I love his wild and wooly look in the photo they used for the street sign.

I was attempting to insert a picture - I like what Dr. G was able to accomplish in comparison to this thumbnail.

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is precisely the problem with all these things.

By inserting a proper photograph or illustration I can make a visual point in my post if I attach this it will show small then you have to expand, it will only expand so much so details will be lost.

This is a serious limitation of the forum capabilities.

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, a small thumbnail which, yes, expands, in a separate page, but not together with the text (which is part of the look that I am trying to address!)

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that’s better, at the very least the thumbnail is now a bigger picture, if one wants to enlarge it to see the details than one can click on it.

This may be of good use in the “ for sale section"

·
38,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you it seems to work very well!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts