Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm a happy selmer ref owner. But everytime I take photos of my 62 and think of posting, I can't do it. I don't play this horn anymore, but should I sell it and use the money to pay off by debt for the ref? What would you guys do in this situation?

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Don't ask me. I have well over 40 saxophones, and realizing what a preposterous thing this is, have tried to sell off select ones in the past myself. Each time I have hastily canceled such aspirations as though I was auctioning off a child.

Maybe you should just become an obsessive/compulsive collector/hoarder like the rest of us? ;)

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,887 Posts
62 prices are really odd anyway. I've seen them go anywhere (recently) from $800 to $1700 all in around the same condition. I don't understand it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Everyone needs a back-up horn. Or a back-up back-up. Or....you get the idea.:twisted:

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
queperknuckle -

Are you talking tenor, alto, or sop?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yellowhorn said:
queperknuckle -

Are you talking tenor, alto, or sop?
Hey. It's am alto. I'd ask alot for it, since for I really don't need the money (i.e. i'm not desperate) and I want it to go to someone who values it. I'd ask 1400.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not trying to twist your arm but I think I want another YTS-62. Not positive... Just as indecisive of buying another as you are selling yours. It has a great sound with the right piece that's for sure. The rest of these saxes are greek to me. I need another sax but all I know is the 62 and the recordings I have still sound good with me playing the 62. I would look at the pictures if you put them up.

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
3,505 Posts
queperknuckle
do you have an emotional attachment with the horn .. ie, it was your first 'pro' alto ,etc?

I have a similar situation. I have a Couf Superba alto .. my 2nd pro alto actually (mk VII being the first) but it also has an emotional attachment in that i got it becz Mr Couf was a big supporter of our school and me in a way.
In the past 20+ years I used it somewhat a couple years ago when a buddy of mine got a SX90R but since then it's been sitting in it's case.

I've been thinking and trying to sell it but not agressively by any means for the longest time. My biggest issue though is ergonomics .. i can't realy play the RH side.. but i still have the horn ... go figure

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stevesklar said:
queperknuckle
do you have an emotional attachment with the horn .. ie, it was your first 'pro' alto ,etc?

I have a similar situation. I have a Couf Superba alto .. my 2nd pro alto actually (mk VII being the first) but it also has an emotional attachment in that i got it becz Mr Couf was a big supporter of our school and me in a way.
In the past 20+ years I used it somewhat a couple years ago when a buddy of mine got a SX90R but since then it's been sitting in it's case.

I've been thinking and trying to sell it but not agressively by any means for the longest time. My biggest issue though is ergonomics .. i can't realy play the RH side.. but i still have the horn ... go figure
Yeah, I do have an attachment to it. It is my first pro alto. Now I have it, the ref 54, and the pierret competition alto. Damn, I've got to many horns! The Pierret sounds great, but I'm having issues with the tuning in the lower register. It may end up being the horn that I sell. I'm going to ask my tech about this and see if its a pad problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts