Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently upgraded from a crapola hard rubber MP to a Link RG. I tried a dozen MP's and this one had the tone I was after. Very happy with the MP so far.

But

My question is whether I should have received a MP cover and a ligature with this purchase, as in the box I just got the Mp and had to buy a ligature separately.

Thanks in advance

Rich

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,205 Posts
In my experience when you purchase a mouthpiece you get ONLY the mouthpiece.
There are a few that do include a lig and cap, but I don't believe HR Links are one of those.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts
It depends, some mouthpieces are sold without anything and some are, in my experience NEW Otto links STM always have a ligature and cap while rubber ones don't.

Second hand mouthpieces, unless specified, might have a ligature and cap or not. There are brands such as Selmer , which do not include ligature and cap for their new mouthpieces.

See it this way: if you have been sold a mouthpiece which had no ligature to start with now you have the chance to treat yourself to one of the many aftermarket ligatures on the market, researching which is going to give you hours and hours of sheer pleasure on SOTW, .............aren't you lucky?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a link RG. I would have liked to try an original link style lig... I have a rovner dark, and not even a cheapie metal one for comparo. Might have to try a few at the shop.
Any suggestions for a link RG?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts
yes, but unfortunately this is a RG, which is not a tone edge either.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts