Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will buy alto sax for my sister. please give me information about them and advise me for my decision. thank for your kindness.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,419 Posts
I agree with Dave. I'm wondering why you've narrowed your search to these two models? If you give us some insight as to your budget, new vs. used, etc, we might be able to give you some guidance on how to get more for your money.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
I agree with Fred and Dave: all of the great American horns out there, you would do better looking at other models. But don't get us wrong: Buescher and Conn are great brands, just not those two models.

If you revealed your budget, it would be helpful. There are King and Martin, to name two other great American brands.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,033 Posts
Another vote for buying something else. Neither of these horns is awful, but they are not that good either. For the same kind of money (new) you could do better with other brands, and on the used/vintage market you might be able to do significantly better.

The horn is only part of the package. Tell us a little bit about your sister - age, habits, does she play anything now? What is your ultimate budget.

Often times the mouthpieces which come with horns make the instruments play worse than they really are. A good neck strap can make a difference if your sister is petite, or large. A small person might prefer a lightweight case.

It isn't really rocket science to pick out a sax, but more information will help us guide you towards a better match for your goals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thanks for every reply. Two models is used sax that are selling in my country (Thailand). I have only two choices for my budget. Please give me information about them for my right decision.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Hope Sax -

I beg to differ: compared with Indonesia, where I am, Thailand has a lot more horns to choose from, including Selmer (MK6), Conn, King, and even the latest Taiwanese brand P Mauriat.

Are you looking at a dealer's offers in Bangcock [oops, did I mispell?] or just a personal deal from someone? More importantly, what is your budget.

If you want, send me a PM with your contact info, and I can help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts