Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance, but which tenor Soloist model is this?
Short shank?
It's probably 40 years old.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't really work for me though. C*.
Kinda got lucky with a Zephyr (242XXX) tenor. The case contained a Dukoff Hollywood, an Otto Link Reso chamber, Brilhart Ebolin, the soloist, Conn Comet, King Equa-true.
And the zephyr is very nice, couple of trivial dents and lacquer is 99%.
Have an idea what the soloist is worth?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,033 Posts
O K you tweest my arm. Seeks dolla!

I sold a perfect long shank D for $175 a few years ago. The short shank is more desirable.

·
4,147 Posts
I'll give $5 and a dirty sock.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that goody bag cost you?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
What tip is it? Looks nice and these are worth a bit if they are the more open facings, E or larger. I have a really nice C* for Tenor and am looking for one for Alto. I agree that they are the best of the Selmer scroll shanks. I think the shorties stopped around 1965.

·
Registered
167 Posts
whaler said:
Short shank. The best mouthpiece Selmer ever made.
Big quote. Have you tried all the Selmer mouthpiece models and played them in the style that they were and are designed for?

·
2,487 Posts
jonathanbyrnes said:
Big quote. Have you tried all the Selmer mouthpiece models and played them in the style that they were and are designed for?
i've gotta agree with that,

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had stock short shank and scrolled shank Selmer alto mouthpieces, and I finally sold them. They are nice but not something I want to keep and play for long term. Recently I played a refaced Selmer Air-flow which was awesome - responsive, direct, mellow......Just that it's tip opening is bit too big (0.08") so I did not offer to buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts