Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just a quick question regarding getting horns over the border.
What is the most cost-efficient/safest way to do this? I've come to realize the taxing system here in Canada can be quite pricey to get horns from one end to the other (especially the HST in Ontario).

What could one expect to pay for the most reasonable shipping service?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ship to and receive horns and mouthpieces from the US all of the time. I ship Canada Post, and I have never had a bad experience. Everything has always arrived safely, and in good time. They are also fairly cheap, too. What horn are you shipping exactly?

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts
I used the US Postal service to mail to Canada, but you'll have to fill out a customs form. The mailing fee was surprisingly cheap, but I don't think there is any honest way to avoid the taxation. I guess NAFTA and free trade don't mean anything when you're the little guy shipping and receiving stuff across the border.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
+1 for the postal system in both countries. At least they can be the cheapest way to ship.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
I can't say what's best or cheapest but have had nothing but bad experiences with Canada Post. They are the worst (first world) postal system I've ever experienced. Slow inefficient arrogant, and having all the worst attributes of a bureaucratic monopoly. Similar to what the US postal system was 30 odd years ago. My family lives in BC and I live in New Zealand. It takes a week for them to get a letter sent from the same town. I get a letter in two days maximum from 1500 km away. I had a package sent by AIR MAIL from Canada. It took over three months to arrive. They could have cared less about looking for it. The only way to deal with Canada Post is to not support them and hope that something reasonable takes their place.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,213 Posts
They are the worst (first world) postal system I've ever experienced. Slow inefficient arrogant, and having all the worst attributes of a bureaucratic monopoly.
I recently shipped a mpc airmail to a fellow US member and was told by Canada Post that it would take about a week.
It took sixteen days from Toronto to NJ, embarrassing.

I have received mpcs to ON,Canada from Finland and Germany, in four days.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts
I shipped to Toronto and didn't have any problems, but that's a major metropolitan area. For domestic shipping, I actually prefer the US Postal service over UPS or FedEx.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
I shipped from US to Ontario via US Postal and the recipient got the horn in around 4 days. Had to fill out a customs form, but it was surprisingly hassle-free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts