Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member of the Telecaster Discussion Forum as well as SOTW and several other woodwind forums.

The Telecaster forum recently had a fundraiser. If you donated, you got entered in a draw. Several prizes were donated by sponsors.

Here is the tale of what happened when the Grand Prize was shipped to the lucky winner: http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecast...yed-grand-prize-hahn-guitar-claim-denied.html

It's an eye opener. Over 250 posts in 48 hours, over 8000 views.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts
UPS in the States (and elsewhere) has shown to be offering a less than satisfactory service (gigantic understatement) . I would simply boycott them.

Besides being bad they are also lazy. Lately I received a package via UPS, the driver came up to tell me that the package was downstairs (I live on the 3rd floor but the delivery , door to door, had costed 80€! ) I asked why he didn't take the package with him. He said that he couldn't because he couldn't leave the truck unattended. I told him that he had left it unattended anyway and that he just came up without the package because he couldn't bother to do his duty. He said that I didn't get it. I think I did.

Complaining was almost impossible. So I didn't. Another time they left the package outside the door and went away before I could open the door.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have had horns shipped UPS. It has been fine. In fact, I got a bicycle shipped to me from Ohio (to CA) that arrived perfectly.

So, my experience has been great.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had horns shipped UPS. It has been fine. In fact, I got a bicycle shipped to me from Ohio (to CA) that arrived perfectly.

So, my experience has been great.
I've certainly had satisfactory experiences too, but did you read the material in the link? Customer service that poor does not need to be rewarded with my business.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,262 Posts
4 years ago I bought a Gibson Explorer off ebay and it was shipped via UPS and it arrived with the headstock snapped off. I filed a claim and UPS and they came back, took the guitar (and box) and promptly paid the claim to the Seller (who refunded my money.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts