Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one of those spur-of-the-moment gig pictures. A couple of Guardalas with Rovners. The screws are set opposite so I can play duals without them hanging up.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I play it and also sing on 'You Can't Do That' plus a few others. I also keep a tambourine handy. So now its the 'dreaded sax player who sings and plays tambourine, cowbell and of course all the saxes'. :) You'll notice that's a pretty good drumstick too, not a really chewed up one like the drummer usually grudgingly hands over. And the cowbell - its one of those made for a drum set so it has good quality. I hadn't played that one before yesterday and it surprised me with its resonance which was a little too much 'ring' for the Beatles song, so I had to quickly position my hand to get the right damping on it. There's a way to play any instrument in a musical fashion and cowbell is no exception. One thing for sure, you keep it away from any microphone and keep it pointed straight up. Damn things can be ear-blasters if you point the bell at somebody.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
All my cowbells have duct tape on them. It's bad when the congero says that your timing is fine, but you are too damn loud... I also used a clave stick rather than a drum stick (from a broken clave set).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts