Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in the market for a new wireless mic for my tenor sax and am pondering over the two mics mentioned above.

Any input, pros, cons, sound clips, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Of those two, I think the Shure Beta 98 is the better mic.

However, if you can swing the extra cash (which is substantial), I think you will be happier with the DPA 4099S instead. It's a much clearer sounding mic. And the clip is designed better, i.e. more sure.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,257 Posts
I use Shure Beta 98 and DPA 4099, both wireless. Shure works, allways! No mater what sound system, monitor and sound engineer. PDA is a better microphone, but requires more from the sound engineer. I changed to a 4099 CORE Mic, Extreme SPL and it works better than the standard 4099/4099s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the Shure but I just found out the Long McQuade in Canada also sells the Audix https://www.long-mcquade.com/74881/...x/Wireless-Clip-on-System-for-Sax---Brass.htm

Can't find reviews of any kind for it though.

Thanks so much for the replies - sorry I'm late responding but for some reason I didn't receive any notifications when you replied. I have the notification box checked in my settings so not sure what's up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts