Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a selmer case guard for my tenor vanguard case and upon its arrival i found it to be quite "cheesy" as far as quality goes.the fabric is fine,cordura but the zipper is small and nylon,and the pull tabs are very weak,one had already broken and the 2nd one is not far behind....

Anyone know of a quality case cover that is built to last???

·
Musician and Composer
513 Posts
If the cover you have fits okay, then i would suggest taking it to a luggage shop and have them put a heavier zipper on it, or if you like, pattern an entirely new cover after your existing one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep,,
Thought of that,,,but here in japan it would be cheaper just to buy a new one from the states...I know yahama makes case covers for the Alto horns..might look to see if thay have them for tenor..

·
Musician and Composer
513 Posts
I know that Yamaha did make covers for the older brown hard sided cases. I wouldn't think that they are still available new, because the cases themselves are no longer available. I would think that you should be able to find one used and in reasonable condition. I have one for alto and it is a very fine cover. My only concern would be that I don't know how the dimensions of the Yamaha compare to the Vanguard. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts