Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Selmer USA Bundy II alto. It was my father's from the 80's/late 70's
It is the horn that I learned on before I switched to Tenor. It is a student model but it still plays great. a good horn for any beginner or as a back up. You could even use it for Ska or "smokey nightclub" gigs. What would be a reasonable asking price for this horn?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,453 Posts
Top of the Market is about $500[retail] in good cosmetic condition, but you're not a retailer. If an overhaul is required, they are essentially worthless to all except the desperate or DIYer.

Craigslist value is probably closer to $150-300 in reasonable condition. I have found them at pawnshops occasionally for under $100. They tend to be a tough sell here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,497 Posts
Actually, I would post it here, too. There are a lot of teachers here, thus they know a lotta students. Also folks who's primary instrument is something else (Tenor, Baritone...) who just want something to fool around on.

If it is good playin' shape....$250 isn't an unfair asking price.

If it has body damage or doesn't play up & down, then probably $150-200 is a fairer price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, I was planing on asking around $250 for it. There is one or two dings that you need to look for to find but the horn still plays exceptionally well. not to mention the case and mouthpiece, I'm also gonna try to scrounge up some goodies to throw in with it.
I'm hoping to sell this and my old tenor to help pay for a new alto. My teacher has a buescher true tone that he had fixed up and I think I might want to do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts