Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to the forum and sure this is proably an old question. Can antone tell anything about my horn.

I have a Selmer alto ser.# 1142XXX. No other markings. I have had it to two music stores, instrument repair guys and a teacher that was formerly a Selmer Rep. No one can tell me the model or any offer any history. All are in agreememt that the it is an upper intermediate/pro quality horn, in near mint condition. I also have a new Yamaha 62 II Tenor and the Selmer is every bit the same quality level.

Thanks for any info

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,156 Posts
I can't tell by the serial number, but the intermediate/pro Selmer USA alto model number should be either AS-100, or the newer AS-110. If yours is either of these, I would tend to think it's the 110 because of the higher s/n.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I had one person sugest those models. It seems amazing to me that a company could not idetify one of thier products.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,156 Posts
Another possibility is that it's one of the models that came after the 100/110 series, but I don't know. If you go here to the Selmer USA sax page, you should find more helpful information.

Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree

goodsax said:
I can't tell by the serial number, but the intermediate/pro Selmer USA alto model number should be either AS-100, or the newer AS-110. If yours is either of these, I would tend to think it's the 110 because of the higher s/n.
There was an intermediate TS/AS series a number of years back that ran like: ts-100, ts-200, as-100, etc. etc.

They weren't PRO horns, but they were pretty good. I owned a TS-200 and was quite happy with it....but I DO recall it was very difficult to find any information on the horn....

brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts