Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an old rectangular Selmer zippered case that I'm thinking of selling. It's in good condition and the zipper still works. It's grey on the outside, purple on the inside. Has two compartments - one for your neck or accessories, another for a clarinet. It also has a couple of 'arms' (for lack of a better word) on the topside of the case to prevent the horn from rocking around. And it's one of those cases that looks like it could take a beating.

I have a gig bag I'm pretty happy with and another contoured hard case lying around, so there really isn't a need in keeping this one. Beside, I don't have/play a clarinet. Any idea how much I should be asking for a case like that?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
The arms you are referring to are for a french flute case, OK how much are you asking, where are you located (is it actually AUS), shipping, etc. (check out rules for selling) I'm interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight RandyJ. As you can tell I didn't really know their actual purpose!

In fact, I wasn't really trying to sell it just yet (I posted outside the marketplace to avoid violating those rules!). I am actually situated in Australia, and have no idea how much to ask for it. Was hoping to get some advice! Anyone know how much these generally go for?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
I've seen them sell for as little as $50.00 beat up with a non working zipper to $185. in perfect condition with the cover (which came with most originally back in the 60s.)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The zipper on this one is working fine. And it's in great shape apart from one missing foot on the backside, but it still stands upright/lays flat (4 feet all present on the bottom). But I don't really know what you mean by cover, so I'm assuming I don't have it. I'll send you a pm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts