Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's a German-system bassoon, so I doubt that it was made by Selmer France. Also, I've never heard of a Selmer France Bassoon.
My guess is that it is a stencil made for Selmer USA, but I don't know this.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I don't know who made these selmer bassoons, too - but I have the same instrument. It plays really ok, has a very sturdy case and is a fine instrument for my (doublers) needs.
I think I payed a little bit less, but since it's in a shop, has two bocals and seems to be in really good shape I think it's a good price.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
double post

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know who made these selmer bassoons, too - but I have the same instrument. It plays really ok, has a very sturdy case and is a fine instrument for my (doublers) needs.
I think I payed a little bit less, but since it's in a shop, has two bocals and seems to be in really good shape I think it's a good price.
Thanks for the reply. The shop also has a Selmer/Bundy one which I assume to be a student model and this is the step up. Mine would be for doubling needs too. I'll be play testing it first and will be hitting up my shop guy on what he knows.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got to play it this weekend. I did like it. I was trying to check pitches and they seemed to be pretty good. I feel like there is something missing when trying to play the low B-flat as it is hard to keep the B-key down. Since I haven't picked up a bassoon it 22 years it was difficult to tell if pitch issues were from me or the horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts