Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one.

I have some one near me trying to sell his huge selmer sa 80 ii bass sax (SN 667XXX). Now, when i take a look on sax.co.uk or thomann i see this ones normally go for more then 22k when new. So i have some questions for you guys

1- The ones in sax.co.uk are like jubilee models and thats why they are so expensive or there are no jubilee bass selmers and they always costed this kind of amounts?

2- When i take a look on the past threads i don't find any selmer sa80 ii bass sale so i can't see if they sell or not. Is there any market for this big boys? I supose only classical players use them no?

3- What would be a reasonable/great price for a horn like this in absolutely MINT condition? It doesn't even have a scratch, 1 owner, barely played etc..

If anyone out there ever dreamed with one of these send me a pm and i might actually go out there where it stands to take some great pics, videos and stuff!

Cheers

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,093 Posts
I can't answer your questions, but Allegro Music in Oxford, UK has a nice looking 1984 Selmer MkVI pattern bass for sale for just under £9k. http://www.saxophoneheaven.com/

It has been there on sale for many months, if not years, so there aren't many buyers around at that price. I think that means it is difficult to establish a "fair" price for the Selmer bass you describe - you have to find a buyer and then see.

Rhys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts