Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I only know the plastic ones ...
Is this a vintage one ?

What is A typical price ?
I doubt very much whether that is an actual Selmer piece. For one thing, the S90 is a square chamber piece and yet this has something very different. The logo appears to be laser etched, which I doubt Selmer would do. I have never ever heard of a metal S90 mouthpiece. The only Selmer metal pieces I've ever heard of are the old ones with scrolls on the shanks.

If I had to guess I would guess it's a fake piece, an el cheapo Chinese metal mouthpiece that someone with a laser etcher has inscribed with the Selmer S90 logo that they scanned off a real Selmer MP.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt very much whether that is an actual Selmer piece. For one thing, the S90 is a square chamber piece and yet this has something very different. The logo appears to be laser etched, which I doubt Selmer would do. I have never ever heard of a metal S90 mouthpiece. The only Selmer metal pieces I've ever heard of are the old ones with scrolls on the shanks.

If I had to guess I would guess it's a fake piece, an el cheapo Chinese metal mouthpiece that someone with a laser etcher has inscribed with the Selmer S90 logo that they scanned off a real Selmer MP.
Correct, seller just told me it is a Aliexpress copy , putting it online to see how high the bids would go, a bet with his band mates...bidding went to 80 euro , Ali sells it for about 30 bucks...ad is removed ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts