Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an origional grey Selmer Paris hard case with the circumfrential zipper which requires replacing.Every repair shop I have been to refuses to even try replacing it.Anybody have any viable contacts or ideas?It will require a complete zipper replacement.
Thx
Jim

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,419 Posts
Your best option might be a luggage shop . . . or maybe a shoe repair shop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try also boat repair shops, RV repair, convertible auto repair shops or as mentioned - a shoe repair shop. Most cobblers are old school and will try to fix most anything.

If its just stuck and not broken, lube it with cork grease or candle wax. At times, a little lube makes some things a total pleasure!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately it's missing quite a few teeth and the runner is missing too.
I tried a few luggage shops to no avail..saying the material was too tough to sew through..
Jim

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
I'll second or third the shoe repair shops. Especially any one that has an old-timer working in it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here in the SFO area,there are a multitude of old school Asian and Latinos who would never turn down work for anything.I'm willing to pay good money to revitilize this original case,but thus far no takers..
Jim

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
if you're in San Francisco--try a sailmaker they're familiar with heavy material sewing in tight spaces

·
Registered
244 Posts
I recently had a lovely old Village Sandal Shop double bass case re-zippered at the tent & awning shop. (Cobblers didn't want to deal with the 6-foot-long zipper.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts