Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a lig that will fit a selmer metal c star mouthpiece? It's way too slender for any lig I've come across.

·
Registered
565 Posts
soprano ligatures

It depends on how much money you want to spend and what sound you're after.

I was using a Rovner dark that also fits my Selmer hard rubber (soprano) mouthpieces.

Just recently I bought the (two screw metal, Paris, France) Selmer ligature that fits my (alto) Selmer scroll shank metal mouthpiece. It costed me $24.

If you want something cheaper a standard two screw ligature that fits soprano hard rubber pieces will probably work.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
it really just depends on how much money you want to spend and if you want something metal or leather or material.
Rovnner is the obvious candidate, the Selmer original ligature is very beautiful and the original cap is very nice too.
I have a Selmer Metal Jazz (very similar to your piece) and found a beautiful combination with the Francois Louis ultimate ligature.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,912 Posts
If you can't get the original Selmer lig, Rovner do lugatures that will fit any mouthpiece.

IMO no need to worry about the sound as the ligature makes no difference to the sound. (As long as your mouthpice is in good condtion). Just get one that fits and holds the reed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
a fellow dolphy fan i see-the selmer lig that comes with this mpc works best

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,031 Posts
I would just buy a stock setup. I have a Harrison made for this mouthpiece in gold plate but it is REALLY expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts