Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know anything about this mouthpiece? I got it for free and it plays great the tip opening is a bit small (I'm used to a size 8) but I have gotten used to the smaller size and was thinking about making it my main piece.

I've found out that there is not much information on this piece. Maybe one forum post in alto mouthpieces and not much else. Most of the posts I find are people with the alto version but most isn't really a lot because this piece seems to be very rare.

It is marked with L10 and this other number 46155 (anyone know what tip opening this is and what those numbers mean?)

Any history I look up about selmer mouthpieces does not even have this model listed. I'm really confused but feel really lucky at the same time, hah.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any Ideas? Anyone?

I really like the piece but was wondering why there arn't more things and information on it? Why isn't it included in the Selmer mouthpiece history anywhere? Also, what are other peoples experiences with the piece?

·
Vendor
15,757 Posts
These are very good pieces, and the price was right for you! :)

get one of the original selmer magnitone ligs, and you'll have the set.

These are made of great rubber and if the tip opening is a little small for you----get it opened up by the refacer you like most.

I have a couple of these mouthpieces here. I think an alto and a tenor.

·
Vendor
15,757 Posts
Just found my alto---

its marked m20 and has a serial 42155.

It measures .072 like a meyer bros 5m alto mpc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure, I would think so being that they are hard to find anywhere.

I know there was an ebay up of an alto model a few days ago, that was going for around $500, I think?

I'm still confused as what the L10 means on the mouthpiece.

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
I've had a few of these before and they are really slamming when refaced/revoiced correctly. Very similar to a Reso-Chamber/early Tone Edge Link.

I sold a tenor piece with a Magnitone lig for $275 a year or so ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts