Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell what model this is from one measly pic?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so it's selmer USA. Are there different models of USA made selmers?

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's a Bundy II with high F# price and playability wise. Serial # is probably in the million range. What do you want to know exactly? One was listed back in January with a starting bid of $200, and noone bid.

And yes, the Selmer USA's have different model names both officially and unofficially.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Bundy II.... What do you want to know exactly?

I was wondering what kind of selmer USA it is. As I asked, I am curious of the model. I don't know much about saxophones.

I have a bundy II and it very clearly says bundy II on the bell. It doesn't have a high f# key.

So if this one is a bundy II, I appreciate the ID

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,875 Posts
Yes this is a Selmer (USA) Bundy II, without the Bundy name on it. Clearly Identifiable from everything really, starting from the flimsy bell to body brace.

It is probably one of the last saxophones made in the US but this doesn’t make it worth anymore money since these are among the least appreciated saxophones on the market. They are saxophones which were always meant to be for students and they probably , they were made in huge numbers and were certainly no better than any vituperated (and not always with reason) Director (or shooting star).

I have to say that Bundy's II are the only saxophones that I’ve managed to actually bend the left hand plateau while playing it (perhaps a little less enthusiasm and a bit bit more of experience which I didn’t have at the time could have prevented this) probably because I was trying to get it to close.

That example that I had, had a case with Selmer/Bundy /Buescher on it.

Anyway, play it and have fun. If this horn requires any work your are probably going to waste money if you intend to resell.

If this was bought by accidentyou can always donate to a charity that will fix it up and give to a young and underprivileged player.

Please disable the Tapatalk alert on your phone, every answer beas this uncalled for signature.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes this is a Selmer (USA) Bundy II, without the Bundy name on it. Clearly Identifiable from everything really, starting from the flimsy bell to body brace.

It is probably one of the last saxophones made in the US but this doesn’t make it worth anymore money since these are among the least appreciated saxophones on the market. They are saxophones which were always meant to be for students and they probably , they were made in huge numbers and were certainly no better than any vituperated (and not always with reason) Director (or shooting star).

I have to say that Bundy's II are the only saxophones that I’ve managed to actually bend the left hand plateau while playing it (perhaps a little less enthusiasm and a bit bit more of experience which I didn’t have at the time could have prevented this) probably because I was trying to get it to close.

That example that I had, had a case with Selmer/Bundy /Buescher on it.

Anyway, play it and have fun. If this horn requires any work your are probably going to waste money if you intend to resell.

If this was bought by accidentyou can always donate to a charity that will fix it up and give to a young and underprivileged player.

Please disable the Tapatalk alert on your phone, every answer beas this uncalled for signature.
Very nice. That's what I was looking for.

This horn is not mine. A friend of mine who played years ago sent me the photo and we were just wondering what it was.

Other than turning off the Tapatalk signature, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Thanks for the info!

·
38,875 Posts
Well, it’s easy to see, you have witten the previous posts (*but not the last) from your phone a Samsung S9 ( I know because your phone told us) while you have written the last post from a computer or another device without using Tapatalk to access the forum.
As you can see from my quote of your previous post, you have signed 3 times with this ad for both tapatalk and your samsung phone.

This can easily be disabled at your end in your tapatalk preferences and phone preferences.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it’s easy to see, you have witten the previous posts (*but not the last) from your phone a Samsung S9 ( I know because your phone told us) while you have written the last post from a computer or another device without using Tapatalk to access the forum.
As you can see from my quote of your previous post, you have signed 3 times with this ad for both tapatalk and your samsung phone.

This can easily be disabled at your end in your tapatalk preferences and phone preferences.
Yea my last post was indeed from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ by T-Mobile using the Tapatalk App. I turned the signature off in the Tapatalk settings because I figured that's what you meant. I was just a bit thrown off by you saying 'alert'. Thanks for letting me know!

·
38,875 Posts
thank you very much! Much appreciated. Chapeau!

If everyone would be so considerate as you (knowing that it is a very small act of courtesy that saves a lot of continuous aggravation) this site would have no unwanted ads in the posts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts