Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected another couple of items from my friends father deceased estate which he has asked me to ID / Sell - It is a Selmer E Soprano Mouthpiece which
was being used on a old Lamy Saxophone .

Does anyone have an idea of the age or what the model is , I have similar ones but haven't found a match as of yet - the others I have seen have the soloist script.

Looks to be in good condition but there is what looks like scratched digits on the side but not too sure why someone would do it .

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Maybe an Airflow? I bought a new one like the one shown (mine being a C*) in 1957. When I asked about it on SOTW, Airflow was the response. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,409 Posts
I don't know what the scratching is for sure but I wonder if its code for the facing somebody put on it. I don't believe its a .093 (shows .93) which is a pretty open soprano piece but certainly not unheard-of. the other marks might somehow describe the facing length but I don't know how. Tell you one thing, I wouldn't mind trying it out!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I suspect that if such a small-tipped mouthpiece was to be opened to 0.093", the facer would run out of material in the tip and have to create a tilt in the table by removing material. That table looks pretty pristine, so I doubt that was the procedure. I'm interested in what those markings pan out as.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input , will use the information provided to do a bit more research .

Mustar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts