Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seeking a mouthpiece that would produce a sweet tone on my alto for small intimate venue performances and thought I would give this "classical" Selmer piece a try.

In no way would I be considered a classical player but I was so surprised to find this one produced one of the most beautiful tones I have ever been able to play on any horn or on any piece.

thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
89 Posts
sweet tone on my alto . . . and . . . this "classical" Selmer
I agree this is a very nice mouthpiece. I'm not sure which opening I have (somewhere between C* and D), but I also really like the tone. I also have a Selmer metal "Jazz" that I thought I would prefer, but I actually prefer this "classical" piece, as do you!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I have one of these too and love it. It was a Metal Classic D but Mojobari opened it up to a 0.080 for me. I think I started a thread about it somewhere. I love the tone. When I first played it for my teacher he said it had everything he liked about my Dukoff without the things he didn’t like. And it looks beautiful which I also like

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one of these too and love it. It was a Metal Classic D but Mojobari opened it up to a 0.080 for me. I think I started a thread about it somewhere. I love the tone. When I first played it for my teacher he said it had everything he liked about my Dukoff without the things he didn’t like. And it looks beautiful which I also like
Exactly. Its just such a classic piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts