Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there not to beat a horse to death..but I am a new player and I already have a beautiful King Super 20 Tenor .

However I fly a lot and don't want to miss out on playing so I am buying an inexpensive Alto so I can take it on the plane.

I have found a $300 Bundy.

Any thoughts as to this?

·
Registered
243 Posts
buy a case

buy a good case and take your horn with you
if you can play at all and have a super 20 you'll hate the Bundy
i have 2 good horns but i really only play one the other is a backup i find switching alot doesn't really facilitate becoming a better player

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any merit to the idea at all

Hey thanks for that. I do have a pro tec for the King and have taken it with me before but having had a lot of luggage both lost or thrashed in the past. Scared taht could happen to the King I thought that maybe a second horn would be the answer.

What about a better quality alto? Is there any merit to getting an alto this early on as long as it is decent?

I do love that King though!

·
Registered
243 Posts
you don't say if it's an alto or tenor
if you want i'll sell you a triple ring Zyepher alto serial #292XXX very simialr too a super 20 and very close to the numbers of Parkers horn
it's good relaq that i plays with mostly new pads but could use one more trip too the shop for a few pads and a final adjustment i'd say it needs about
80-100 bucks worth of repair to get as good as it's gonna get
you can have it for 6 hundred plus shipping it's alot of horn for the $$ I'll ship it in a good protec too

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Take you horn as carry-on. NEVER check your horn as luggage. I did that coming home from Berklee (20 years ago) and my horn was all messed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts