Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've recently been given a collection of vintage saxophones that I'd like to sell, or at least hear some feedback as to their value.

The first is a Selmer Bb Soprano Saxophone, Paris, France, c. 1960. It's a Mark VI with lacquered brass in original condition and case - unrestored.

The sax is located just outside of Detroit, Michigan.

I was unable to attach pictures, but can provide them via email.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wait... you were GIVEN a collection containing a Mark VI!? Congrats, man. I wish stuff like that would happen to me, haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. If anyone is interested, here's a complete list, in addition to the one mentioned above:

- Selmer Bb Tenor Saxophone, Paris, France, c. 1961, Mark VI. Lacquered Brass, Original condition and case - unrestored.
- Selmer Bb Tenor Saxophone, Paris, France, c. 1937. Lacquered Brass, balanced action. Original condition & case - unrestored.
- Selmer Bb Tenor Saxophone, Paris, France, c. 1946. Lacquered Brass, balanced action. Original condition & case - unrestored.
- Selmer Bb Tenor Saxophone, Paris, France, c. 1955, Mark VI. Lacquered Brass. Original Condition & case - unrestored. This instrument was originally part of the Curtis C. Guckert collection.
- Conn Bb Brass Saxophone, Elkhart, IN. Lacquered Brass, unrestored, in "gig" case. Vintage as well, not sure the year yet.

Also have a Conn Eb Contra bass Sarrusophone, Elkhart, IN, c. 1928. Lacquered brass, satin finish. Original condition & case - unrestored. This instrument was also part Curtis C. Guckert collection.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in any of these.

Chris

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I would be very interested to know where these came from. WHo the previous owner was. Few people own that many nice horns without an interesting history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts