Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was in them middle school band and my in my second year we got a new band teacher and she pretty much ruined band for me for life...anyways..so i have this Tenor Saxophone that has been literally sitting in it's case in the same spot in my closet for the past 4 years collecting dusk lol. I am no way interested in playing again..like i said she ruined the experience for me for life...anyways..i was in class today and I'm still good friends with most of the people form the band and this girl had told me that she now plays tenor sax too and gave her clarinet away. Well then thats when i remembered I still had my saxophone in my closet.

Anyways long story short..i figured I might as well sell it...Ok so i went to go look at it and see what needed to be done..i only found three problems with it...1. The mouth piece is gone. 2. The umm "crook key" i think is what it's called..the metal thing that opens on the neck when you press the octave key...it's not really aligned so it needs to be fixed and 3. I cannot remember what note it is but it's the key that you press with your pinky finger..it has an identical key right next to it that you can press also...anyways the spring is missing i think...Like you press the key and it will open but you have to push it back close because the spring or something is missing.

Anyways...so if I get all that fixed how much do you think I could get for it. And how much do you think it will take to fix all of that. It's a King by the way..if you need some more information about the type just let me know and I'll see if i can look on it and find it somewhere.. The girl said she was gonna talk to the band director to see if he wants to buy it so i wanted to know if what he offers me is a good price or if I'll be better off selling it on ebay or something.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts