Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
The topic has come up before.This is not an auction site nor should it become more so than it already is. SOTW takes not part or responsibility on what happens in terms of sales and trades among members and only intervenes if things go very much out of hand (as they indeed have gone a few times in the past). There is a system (a thread) to list vendors who have been conducting good transactions and you can always complain about bad ones.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a member of this site way back in the 90's. It was very different then. Selling wasn't an option, not even considered.
It was just a really cool place to share information about the saxophone.

It's very different now, selling is a popular part of the forum. Many of the most frequent users and Mods are sellers. I would think these people would like a feedback rating system. I might even consider buying something here if a feedback system was implemented.

I am aware of the past discussions here at SOTW and much of the argument was it can't be done.
Well evidently it can be done. The TalkBass site is a forum site just like SOTW and they are doing it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
How strange! I think that the majority of the forum are not buyers or sellers (on saxontheweb) and that those who buy and sell do this as a minority of the activities on the forum, there are very few exceptions to this, in my view.I have a few ad and I think I've sold 2 things in the last 2 years on sax on the web while I have posted.......... a little bit more than that........

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Perhaps that I could help clarify – The marketplace was created for SOTW members to sell/trade gears & items between themselves, much like the classified ads of a small community paper – Since then, the membership has grown, so did Internet and the number of opportunistic online merchants, but we never modified our marketplace format to accommodate them as it has always been Harri’s wish to not turn SOTW into another eBay.

So unless Harri changes his mind, it is very unlikely that we would implement such feedback system here. Thanks for the suggestion though. We always appreciate it when members give suggestions to improve SOTW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts