Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I'm seriously contemplating selling my Mark VI alto (s/n 114xxx), and I'm seeking advice on what would be the best ways to sell it. I don't need the money right away, but I have some future expenses on the horizon where the money from the sax sale will greatly help. I've owned it for 28 years, and I live in the Silicon Valley, CA area. I'm thinking in terms of safe transactions and fair pricing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,245 Posts
Is it on playing condition? Some pictures may help, too. Does it have the #F key, or not... Does it have its original laquer? All this may help to find a fair price.

About security transactions at the U.S., I am sure there must be many others who can advice better than me.

JI

Hey there!

I'm seriously contemplating selling my Mark VI alto (s/n 114xxx), and I'm seeking advice on what would be the best ways to sell it. I don't need the money right away, but I have some future expenses on the horizon where the money from the sax sale will greatly help. I've owned it for 28 years, and I live in the Silicon Valley, CA area. I'm thinking in terms of safe transactions and fair pricing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi -- thanks for the reply. Yes, it's in playing condition, no F# key, original lacquer. Had some leaks fixed so it plays in tune -- an elite player would probably want to have it gone over by his tech. I'll post pictures if/when I decide to sell it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts