Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Seattle for work in the next week or two. Not sure what days, but it will be a quick trip; fly in one day, out the next. I'm looking for any shops worth checking out (vintage horns, mouthpieces, etc.) and any jazz clubs I should try and hit. It will be during the week. Thanks!

AZ

·
Registered
873 Posts
Not really any good shops worth checking out...Northwest Winds used to be great but they're closed now. As far as clubs goes....Tula's is the "jazz club" of the city and Jazz Alley is the nicer dinner venue with big-name acts. Egan's jam house in Ballard has a lot of local guys playing pretty much every night. If you're just there for one day I'd say that Tula's or Jazz Alley are going to be the most convenient to get to, assuming that you're staying downtown.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ditto the above. For just one day I'd try to hit Jazz Alley; Mindy Abair Feb 10-14. Benny Green Feb. 15,16. Pete Escovedo Latin Jazz Orchestra Feb.17-20. John Hammond Feb.22,23. Al Dimeola Feb.24-27.

Really good local stuff every night at Tula's. And if you get here as late as March; McCoy Tyner Mar.3-9, and David Sanborn with Joey DiFrancesco Mar.10-14 (I'm going to that.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts