Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Might be heading out to Seattle around Labor Day weekend this year, and was wondering if you guys have any info about the jazz scene there. Might be looking to set up a few gigs there, so if you have any contacts to clubs/booking agents/local guys let me know! Not looking to do too much, just some simple quartet/quintet stuff. Any info/help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you're willing to a bit of on-line looking, here is the jazz "community calendar" on Earshot's page.

http://www.earshot.org/jazz-around-the-sound/

You'll see a list of venues, and although you'll have to track down contact info. for their booking people, the list on the page I'm linking to gives a pretty good sample of places a jazz quartet might play in Seattle.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have any connections, but this is not NYC.
Just contact them, see what happens.

Maybe check out their on-line calendars to see if they are free or already booked during your visit.
If you're willing to a bit of on-line looking, here is the jazz "community calendar" on Earshot's page.

http://www.earshot.org/jazz-around-the-sound/

You'll see a list of venues, and although you'll have to track down contact info. for their booking people, the list on the page I'm linking to gives a pretty good sample of places a jazz quartet might play in Seattle.
Thanks for that info! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
You may have an easier time contacting guys that play at those clubs than trying the club directly. Sometimes the musician world is easier to deal with than going through three or four people that manage clubs. I would think trying to book a club even four months in advance is not enough notice without a "name".
Just my experience.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If you get a chance to hear Jovino Santo Neto, do it! I've heard great things about The Royal Room from friends that play there. (Not jazz though.) My understanding is that it's the type of place where you should really have at least somewhat of a draw before booking though.Triple Door is a nice joint. You could check out Seamonster Lounge too, although the music there tends to lean more towards the funky side of things.

You could also try to pick up something in Bellingham. It's a funky, little city and there are a few places to play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts