Sax on the Web Forum banner

Searching for Karg-Elert

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  davevillajr 
#1 ·
I have a question for the group.

I have lost (or loaned to a fellow saxist who never returned them) my original green cover/"yellow" page copies of the Karg Elert 25 Caprices books.

Is this ( https://www.amazon.com/Twenty-five-Caprices-Atonal-Sonata-Saxophone/dp/B001C10Z1K ) the same book? The caprices don't look the way I remember.

Still Book I and Book II?

I really wish things would just stay the same! :crybaby: hahahaha

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Yeah, they do that all the time. They change the covers and then people buy them again thinking it's a new book or an addition to the original. They did the same with the H. Klose' book. My original had an orange cover, and I gave it to my son. Rather than get it back from him later, I just decided to by a new one for myself. Well, they changed the cover so when I bought it I wasn't sure if it was the same until I received it.

#4 ·
My rusty memory suggests that the caprices are primarily modal(?), the edition I had contained lots of text in English, German and French, before the music started, I think.

I found the cover I'm used to seeing, it's attached.

I want to get the "right" one. :mrgreen:

Rectangle Font Parallel Terrestrial plant Paper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.